Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Writer's Progress


Marsha Zinberg, editor of the Harlequin Heartwarming series.


Today I sent out my weekly quota of five queries to agents for my most recently completed manuscript, a murder-mystery titled "Primogenitor."

I also researched the Harlequin Heartwarming series a little further and found, to my dismay, that at the moment it doesn't consist of new manuscripts, but rather previously published books that are already in the Harlequin archives. These books are being modernized, freshened up with new covers and re-released. Depending on the reception they receive from readers, Harlequin may consider opening this line up to new writers. But at the moment it looks as though my plans to send Fallen Angel to HQ for consideration for this line have been thwarted.

No matter. After six years, I am used to setbacks. And I try to see the glass as half full. In fact, this may give me the push I need to return to my original plan of self-publishing Fallen Angel. I think I'll start by looking into acquiring some cover art. Thanks to the advice of friend and fellow writer, Kristine Cayne, who has already gone the self-publishing route, I have some good references for a cover artist and document formatting service.

Kristine Cayne's romantic suspense novel is available for sale at amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment